SELF-INTRODUCTION EMAIL

 Subject: Reflection and Communication Goals for the Module


Dear Professor Blackstone,


I hope this email finds you well. My name is Nurul Unaisah, though you can address me as Unaisah, and I am a student in your Effective Communication module. I have studied Mechatronics Engineering at Temasek Polytechnic for four years through the Polytechnic Foundation Programme. Initially, I considered pursuing physiotherapy due to my love for sports, but I ultimately chose engineering. My passion for travel and exploration has driven my interest in the aviation industry.


I am particularly motivated to challenge gender norms in engineering, showing that women can succeed in this field just as much as men. Engineering allows me to apply my hands-on skills to solve real-world problems and make a meaningful impact on people’s lives, which I find deeply fulfilling.


In terms of communication, one of my strengths is being an attentive listener, particularly in group settings. I tend to listen carefully to others’ ideas, ensuring that everyone’s perspective is considered. However, I struggle with presenting in front of people due to a fear of public speaking.


My goals for this module are to build confidence in my public speaking skills and improve my ability to stay calm and composed when presenting to an audience. I hope to strengthen my overall communication abilities through this course, both in formal presentations and day-to-day interactions.


Thank you for taking the time to read my email. I truly appreciate it and look forward to your lessons and guidance throughout the module.


Yours sincerely,


Unaisah

Comments

  1. Interesting shift from physiotherapy to engineering with the help of your passions to further enforce such decision. Overall, a short and to the point introduction that shows what you aspire to achieve in your journey as a woman of engineering and what you seek to improve in communication. And with that I wish you all the best in accomplishing your goals and future endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Unaisah, good effort on the write-up. It is great that you're trying to challenge the gender norms of engineering which most would think is a career for males rather than females. I've known some females who decided to steer away from engineering though it is something that interests them to conform to gender stereotypes and I hope that you're able to inspire aspiring female engineers. The breakdown of your education journey along with examples of why you chose engineering makes your letter concrete and overall I feel that there are no issues with grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Unaisah, I really enjoyed reading your letter! It was well written. Your passion for challenging gender norms in engineering is inspiring, and I admire how you’ve connected your love for travel with your interest in aviation. I also appreciate how self-aware you are, especially when you highlighted your strength as a listener and your desire to improve public speaking. Overall your letter was concise and clear. I hope that you will be able to achieve your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INITIAL RESEARCH PATHWAY - GARMIN FITNESS WATCH